What is Occupational Health or Occupational Health and Safety at Work?
Occupational Health is about keeping people well at work both physically and mentally. We assess and provide impartial and professional advice on any absenteeism and support your employees to get back to work or remain in work and prevent sickness absence.
Managing risks in the workplace that are likely to cause work-related ill health and sickness absence. Occupational health can help save businesses money, improve the health and wellbeing of your staff and increase productivity
When to refer to occupational health?
– When an employee is struggling with their physical or mental health.
– Advice on making the right reasonable adjustments for disabled people at work.
– When an employee has been off sick for a long time (28 days or more)
– When an employee is returning to work after sickness absence.
– When an employee has recurrent short spells of absence within 12 months
– The employee requests a referral
– There are indications of factors in the workplace contributing to the sickness absence.
– There are concerns that an employee’s health may lead to sickness absence (preventative advice)